Wednesday, October 27, 2010

When words don't cut it....

There are videos replaying in my head today....

- Miguel didn't want to come to school and cried...while I was comforting him, T (my special friend) arrived , saw my back to the door, crept around me and tilted his handsome face around my shoulder so that I could see that he had arrived - full faced grin and a little laugh - then waltzed away to hang up his backpack and coat. I melted. I play it over and over in my head and it makes me smile everytime...no not smile, beam. My friend who wanted nothing to do with anyone now loves school and loves me and my para....is working on academics, and is barely taking breaks.

- 10 minutes later T - touches the side of his upper eye - 'What's this here Miss?" "On Me?" 'Yah, that stuff..." "Oh makeup - do you like it?" "No." Very abrupt but said with a bashful grin. Heart = stolen.

- Just after indoor recess I was setting the kids up to take a class picture - was 1/2 way through and they announced the start of Community Meeting so I lined them up - Katrina ran up and wrapped her arms around me "I'm sorry Miss Stowe." : ) There was no need but she felt I must have been disappointed.

- 5 friends at puzzles during recess - one is particularly selfish with pieces - Princess Friend (the tantrum prone child) begins to scream "SHARE SHARE I SAID SHARE" and then proceeds to try and grab the piece from the other student. My course of action? "SIT IN YOUR SEAT AND PUT YOUR HEAD DOWN YOU CANNOT SCREAM SHARE AT FRIENDS!" Turned to my para and said - "If I were four and someone were screaming SHARE at me, I know exactly what I would do." Was not the first time she had screamed that today.


- 2 friends Rodney & Carlos very excited "MissStowe!! We have gym today!!" "Yes we do, how do you know?""Because g - y -m " spells gym!" "WOW!! You Read!!" : )

No comments: