Saturday, October 02, 2010

18 Days

Friday we sang "The More We Get Together" - starting in a squatting position and standing or squatting everytime we said the word "together.' The kids loved it and my knees are killing me because we did it A LOT! I also taught them "Shake my Sillies Out" and then because it was day 3 of indoor recess we skipped laps around the classroom to the Cotton Eyed Joe, did the Cha Cha Slide, and the Hokey Pokey - all in a row! They were whiney and fidgety yesterday. Cute but wiggly.


During breakfast I moved my little friend M's seat - he is a chatty little guy with pudgy cheeks and expressive eyes, and incredible dance moves. He is friends with everyone and no matter where he sits, he never gets his work done. Moved him and promptly heard "Miss Stowe stinks" about 3 times loud enough that he was intentional about it. So we had the "don't be mad at me for your bad choice" conversation...funny how much a 4 year old can understand. We have spent every day reviewing what it "looks like" and "sounds like" to be a learner....they're getting good at it! Not sure it's sinking in but they can talk a good talk.

I really need to write down quotes better - been some good ones lately.

Read the very hungry caterpillar yesterday : ) love it.

My para read the kissing hand a couple days ago - love that one too!

Lost my biggest behavior issue to a magnet .... don't expect he'll stay there long.

T - my buddy from Boy's Village fell in love with the 1968 fisher price parking garage Matt got for my class - very cute. He had a  good day yesterday but Thursday was so bad. Yesterday he worked for silly bands in my treasure box - and gum which he promptly swallowed - 2x. And Go Diego Go.

New favorite show? Olivia - my kids worked to watch it during dismissal - SO cute. It's the pig from the book - check out http://myolivia.com/ : ).

More later .... favorite day of the week to clean my apartment - which I LOVE to do! Love my kitten, love my space, love weekends in my space and then I'm going to the Big E - perfect fall weekend. But they are WAY to short.

No comments: