Sunday, January 08, 2012

And so we push on

January - first full week back begins. I'm unsettled, not tired - though I wish I was.
In the morning the alarm will be rude and loud and I will stumble my way to the shower and through multiple cups of coffee.
Suddenly my little friends have to be pushed - no longer guided gently but gently pushed over the edge. They have to use their wings and probably fall a few times first but suddenly the pressure sinks in, they have to READ, they have to count to 100, they have to WRITE - yikes.
I have to test them - yuck - this month - and I have push myself .... to be consistent, to pay attention, to almost stop enjoying them long enough to get it all done.

Scared the crap out of me. I just want to enjoy their banter, their laughs, their silliness. Sometimes I just have to let go and enjoy it. But this month I have to let go and ignore it.
It is painful.

No comments: