Wednesday, December 15, 2010

broken for kids

I hurt. I am crying. Not for me. For them.

D's uncle was shot and killed "when it was dark out and mommy won't stop crying." Last night. He rolled in at 9:15am - the earliest he has arrived all year.

K's 11 year old brother tried to kill himself this morning. Single mom of 3 informed me K can't come to school because she has no way to bring her home. Her 9 year old has Down's and is aggressive and defiant, her 11 year old is now hospitalized, and her 4 year old is a sweetheart but academically very low and has little use of the left side of her body. Dad has a restraining order.... Mom is crying - literally for help. If I said I would take K for a few days mom would say yes - I know she would...but it's not legal and I can't But I hurt and I don't know what to do.

T said his foster family is taking him for CHristmas and he is going to a new school. : (

RB's day - not good - made him stand in a box on the floor for 10 minutes until he couldn't anymore. TP couldn't pull it together either - also made him stand in a box until he had to sit.

NT's mom finishes rehab on Friday and gets her back....yikes.

I was THRILLED to move all but ONE CHILD to goal or proficiency in Letter ID and Letter Sound today but CRUSHED by the fact that I can't make them "proficient" emotionally or mentally.

I feel defeated and weighed down today.

I can't be in on Friday and it kills me to leave them-I know they'll be fine, my para is wonderful but I feel like I am consistent they know what to expect....somehow by not being there I am changing the one thing they know.

I am broken for my kids and their broken lives and families.

No comments: