Monday, November 22, 2010

Her's Taking away my learning!!

T yelled at Princess Tantrum today as she rolled on the floor for the 6th time...." You is taking away my learning - 'top it!!" I had to laugh. This is the kid who would sit in the kitchen and reek havoc now yelling at my trantrumer to stop taking away his learning....his learning may be modified and look different than the other 20 kids but he recognized that he couldn't possibly learn with that noise. Thank goodness! I love to hear grown up words coming out of their mouths - "I don't like when you do that...." "I'm sorry" "Please stop bothering me on the carpet, I'm trying to learn" "My friends are bothering my learning" Make me smile - they are serious matters but they get it - they are little humans (sorry Grey's Anatomy) and they really are getting it. Today they happened to define the word "Problem solvers" and they totally understood. They also understand unity, craftsmanship, and perseverance - WOW.

They learned about a number line today....and they talked about being thankful. They read books today and they practice sight words: the, we, is, and, see - and they did their letter sounds - which we now know very well...but the consonants are hard "B" "P" "T" "C" 'D" we add a vowel to them and I can't correct it now. They helped me make a checklist - to "check their bodies" and they used it today, we really worked on looking at the talker - and having only 1 voice on the carpet. I felt mean at some points but they have a lot ahead and the smoother these little things are, the more we can accomplish!

I am exhausted and achey and just ready to sleep....but despite little ant hills in my way today, I loved my little humans - all 20 of them (C was sick).
Funniest moment? Taught them how to play pirate booty .... which I promptly renamed when they burst out hysterically at the word booty....the last round I was the pirate and they stole my bells...Bobby stole my bells and when I opened my eyes to guess I looked around, making eye contact with the kids - as soon as I looked at him, he burst into peels of laughter, trying so hard to contain himself but he wasn't able - it was adorable.

Sweetest moment? J - singing you are my sunshine and Katrina attempting to sing jingle bells : ) I video taped on my phone. I love them - I do....most of the time, when I don't feel like I'm going to gauge my ears out if I hear Princess scream or wine one more time. 

No comments: