Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another Semester....

It's been a really long time since I wrote and I would imagine few people are really paying attention so I'm going to take a risk of being personal today. The following text is on the frame of my bedroom door and it is my sincere prayer for the semester.

My Prayer for Fall 2008
God teach me to seek only your approval: “But, "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.”
- 2 Corinthians 10:17-18
Make my interactions be meaningful: “We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. We write this to make our joy complete.” – 1 John 1:3-4
I desire JOY: You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.”
- Psalm 16:11
Give me wisdom, insight, and discretion: “For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.”
– Proverbs 2:10-11

Thank you for your majesty! “Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven anad earth is yours.
Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.” – 1 Chronicles 29:11
Give me patience for the future: “Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." –James 4:14-15
Let your presence and grace be enough: “My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” - Psalm 75:26
Guard and purify my heart: “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.” – Proverbs 4:23 “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” – Psalms 51:10
Then sings my soul: how GREAT thou art!
Amen.

No comments: