Wednesday, May 04, 2011

panic .....

Yesterday my kids - my "babies" who are almost not babies any more - visited first grade and they behaved TERRIBLY. And they essentially told the teacher they didn't know how to sit still. Yes. I was there. OH MY GOODNESS.

It has been a LONG week - I am not patient and they are NOT being learners - they are not my children. I want them back. It's supposed to be the time when I am motivated to push and inspire and grow them with 5 solid weeks of instruction before testing .... but NO interruptions prevail and I find myself not wanting to teach. I want to play chutes and ladders, sing, dance, go outside....not teach. UGH what a dilemma. They are more independent so it's tempting to put them in centers and watch .... but they won't learn as much on their own and I'm still responsible for them!

OH NO!

No comments: